Thursday, April 26, 2012

First Birthday Party!




So it has been almost a month since we had Joe's first birthday party, and I am still recovering! His first birthday was such a great time, and I can't believe that big milestone is already over. We decided to have a Noah's Ark themed birthday party. I want to share some of the photos with all of you.

Noah's Ark Cake and Smash Cake
                            I was one of those crazy mothers that decided that I could make my son's first birthday cake. Don't get me wrong I am glad that I gave myself this challenge but I now understand why people pay good money for cakes instead of making and decorating the cake themselves. I posted the photos of the cake and smash cake that I made. Another day I will post some information about how all of this came together. I took some photos of the cake in process, in case anyone else was as crazy as me!     
Noah's Ark Cake

Noah's Ark Smash Cake

Noah's Ark 1st Birthday Cake
After spending hours looking at Pinterest for first birthday ideas I decided to create a treat table to go with the Noah's Ark theme. I got glass jars at Christmas Tree Shoppes and filled them with goodies. I used gummi bears, Swedish fish, goldfish, animal crackers, and chocolate animal crackers. I also made rice krispies  treats with every intention of cutting them into animal shapes but I ran out of time because the cake took my much longer than I expected.

Treat Table
In addition to the treats I picked up plastic boats from Dairy Queen so that each guest could fill a boat with treats to take home with them. My husband helped and made the sign below "Save the Animals Fill your Ark". I thought that turned out cute.

Everyone gets an Ark!


I also found this great fruit bowl idea on Pinterest. I love the Noah's Ark fruit bowl. I can't take credit for this masterpiece my mother made this for the party. I can take credit for the plastic animals I picked them up at Wal- Mart. In addition to the ark she used cookie cutters to cut the pineapple into shapes.
Noah's Ark Fruit Bowl
Finally, I decided to give everyone an animal shaped cookie cutter to remember Joe's first birthday. I had every intention of attaching a cute little tag with a little saying on each cookie cutter but it just never happened. The were put in a basket by the door with a thank you sign. I know that I had weeks to get the tags on the cookie cutters but sometimes life just gets away from you.
Cookie Cutter Party Favors

In a nutshell that was Joe's first birthday party! I hope some of these photos give you some great ideas for your next party!


2 comments:

  1. Whoa! Your mom has mad knife skills with fruit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She did use some cookie cutters for some of the animals! But I was impressed with the Ark of fruit!

      Delete