Monday, April 2, 2012

Chalkboard Wine Glasses

Well, it has been almost a month since I created these glasses but I am still excited to share them with all of my fans! Wait, I don't have a single fan! It doesn't matter I am still gonna share. I decided to create a chalkboard tray and set of wine glasses for my sister-in-law, for her 30th b-day! She loves to entertain and I love giving gifts from the heart.

The first step was  finding the tray and glasses. I found the tray and glasses at Target. My Sis-in-law has a beautiful white kitchen so I searched high and low for this tray! In addition I bought a can of chalkboard spray paint, set of stencils, and painters tape.

For the tray I used the painters tape and old newspaper to cover the areas that I did not want to paint. This was easy.




 The glasses on the other hand were not nearly as easy. The first time I taped the stencil to the glass and covered everything I did not want to paint with newspaper. I thought this was brilliant, but the squares did not turn out exactly how I wanted them to. If you don't mind fuzzy lines or wanted to add a border to your glass I would recommend this way of doing it. It was quick and easy to complete.

 Take 2, I was determined to get the straight lines that i had imagined (lucky I bought extra glasses in the event I made a mistake). This time I cut the pattern out of painters tape and stuck it to the glass, then I covered everything else with old newspaper. This approach was  more time consuming but I do believe the final product was worth the time.

 I think the tray turned out great! This was easy and a great way to tell guests what you are serving.
 Below are some of the final shots of the glasses. I did have my husband use a razor to help create some super straight lines.





 This is the final product gift wrapped and ready for the party. I added a bottle of wine to finish the gift and I wanted to get chalk and write Happy 30th Birthday on the tray but I forgot to get the chalk! I least I remembered the wine!

1 comment:

  1. I love it!! I really do!! I'd love to get this as a gift, great job :-) you are officially crafty

    ReplyDelete