Saturday, February 15, 2014

Valentine Chex Mix

I made this Valentine's day inspired Chex-mix for a recent play date. It was super easy to make and fun to eat!


Ingredients:
  • 6 cups Chex cereal ( I used cinnamon )
  • 12.6 oz. M&M’s, I use regular, but you can substitute with whatever flavor you wish
  • 3 cups pretzels
  • 24 oz. vanilla melting chocolate 
  • 1/2 cup Valentine Sweethearts
  • 3 tbs sprinkles

  • In a microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate in the microwave for 2-4 minutes at 30 second intervals, until melted. Set aside. ( I actually did this after I mixed the cereal)
  • In a Extra large bowl mix the cereal, pretzels and M&M’s.
  • Pour the melted chocolate over the cereal mixture and mix with a spatula until well coated.
  • Pour out onto wax paper. I spread some wax paper on my dining room table.
  • Sprinkle the Valentine Sweethearts and sprinkles over the mix.
  • Allow to dry and then break apart. Store in air tight containers.

  • Original recipe found on Pinterest @ http://familyloveandotherstuff.com/

    Ready to Serve! Yummy


    Packaged and ready for delivery!



    No comments:

    Post a Comment