Monday, September 10, 2012

Easy Crock-pot Chicken Tacos!

This recipe was so easy I can't wait to make it again! First of all I need everyone to know that I hate to deal with raw meat, especially chicken. We usually buy our meat in bulk and my husband will divide it into freezer bags for me but i often have to deal with preparing it! This recipe only required me to dump the chicken from the freezer bag to crock-pot, that is my kind of cooking.

Easy Crock-pot Chicken Tacos!

1/2  envelope Taco Seasoning (I use reduced sodium)
 3    pieces Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts (fresh or frozen will work)
1     jar Salsa (16 0z)


I put the chicken on the bottom then I sprinkled the taco seasoning on top of the chicken and then covered with salsa. I did add about 1/2 cup of water. The recipe did not call for it but I always like some liquid in my crock-pot.. Cook on high for 4 to 6 hours or on low for 6 to 8 hours. When done, the chicken should shred easily when stirred with a fork.


I served with soft tacos, tomatoes, sour cream, cheese, lettuce, and guacamole. 

Frozen Chicken , Salsa, and Taco Seasoning ready to crock!

Shredded Taco Chicken 

No comments:

Post a Comment