Monday, August 20, 2012

Aunt Debbie's Zucchini Bread


My husband I try our hand every year at planting a small garden. Each year we are somewhat successful, this year we did get a bundle of zucchini before the plant died! We gave a bunch of it to our neighbor who made some zucchini bread that our 16 month old son just loved, so I decided to try my hand at making zucchini bread.

Zucchini bread is very easy to make but don't be fooled you really don't use that much zucchini to make the bread!  But it is delicious.

Here is the recipe that I got from my Aunt Debbie so I have named it : Aunt Debbie's Zucchini Bread

3 eggs
1 cup of vegetable oil
2 cups of sugar
3 tsp cinnamon ( I only used 2 tsp)
3 tsp vanilla
2 cups grated zucchini
3 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder

Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes

Stir eggs, oil, vanilla, zucchini in one bowl. Then stir sugar, cinnamon, flour, baking soda, salt, and baking powder in another bowl. Then slowly stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Then grease and flour to loaf pans and pour half of the mixture in each pan.

Bread is done when you insert a toothpick in the middle of the pan and it comes out dry.




No comments:

Post a Comment